Thursday 9 March 2017

pastel dreams











Coat&Shirt - 2nd hand
Scarf - Grandma's old
Jeans - H&M
Shoes - New look
Rucksack - Amazon





On my most recent trip to London with my friend Emma (who took all the photos of me in this post - tah!), we visited Notting Hill and Portobello. I'd never actually been (and neither had she); there's so much of London that I still need to explore! That is definitely one of my favourite things about the city - no matter how many times you visit, no matter how long you live there, there's always something new to see and experience. We weren't actually looking to buy anything but had a nice wander around the Portbello Road Market, and ate lots of crepes and other goodies. Even though this was back in January, it was such a pretty, sunny day that we did end up buying sunglasses (that I have now already managed to break and am on the hunt for a small screw to repair them even though they, of course, weren't expensive). Even if you only go to see them, the colourful and pastel houses are just so lovely. I like how blogger-like it is to take pictures in this area, but because our day and walk here wasn't too planned, neither were the photos. If I had planned to take photos in the pastel streets I'd most likely put together a different outfit. But now I like the contrast between pastels and my bolder colours. My original text for this post was merely:

"Pastels and Orwell. Such blogger. Very London. Wow."

And I feel like that is basically all I've really said and want to say. Hope you're all having a great week!
SHARE:

11 comments

Joanna Joy said...

These photos are so pretty with all the pastel colors of these homes. A day wandering around Notting Hill and eating crepes sounds amazing. You are wearing a very cute scarf. Thank you for sharing your journeys with us. So lovely!

astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

Laura Mitbrodt said...

This is my dream photo location. I love the pastel colours
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

very nice photos and causal look! I like your scarf - it's very useful and pretty!

Lyosha
Inside and Outside Blog
P.S. would you like to follow each other?

The Reader's Tales said...

What a pity you have not been to Portobello market on Saturday. You would have loved the London buzz...

BEAUTYEDITER.COM – Beauty Blog said...

Such a nice post!

Bloglovin
STYLEFORMANKIND.COM

Constance Murphy said...

Love your outfit! The shirt is amazing and you look really pretty!

http://www.mursway.com/

The Equinox Fashion by Paweerata said...

Such an iconic place to take a photo for bloggers right? lol These pastel doors really make me miss London :( And love your smile girl :)


http://www.thequinoxfashion.com/

Anna and Klaudia said...

Wow!! You look so classy dear <33 lovely place :)
http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/
Like me on FACEBOOK
Instagram

The Fashion Folks said...

Notting Hill is just such a pretty part of London, one of my favorite places in the city! The pastel houses are so dreamy! Xx

www.thefashionfolks.com

Hena Tayeb said...

oh wow so beautiful.

Laura Jones said...

Joanna Joy - thank you, dear! and it definitely isn't the most awful way to spend a day, ha! thanks a lot! xx

Laura Mitbrodt - it's such a blogger trap, haha! but i do love it too, hun:-) xx

Lyosha - thank you very much, love! x

The Reader's Tales - oh, i actually think this was a saturday, hon. it was really good! x

Style For Mankind - thank you, hen! x

Constance Murphy - thank you very much, chick! x

Beautrgeous World - cheers, pal! x

Gail J - haha, it certainly is! hope you'll get to be back in london soon, doll! and thank you:-) xx

Ania Zarzycka - thank you so muc, gal! it really is:-) xx

The Fashion Folks - it really is, lovely! love the pastel colours, and i need to explore the area more the next time i'm in the city! :-) xx

Hena Tayeb - isn't it though, lady! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig