Friday 22 December 2017

the beginning, vol. two





























Hullo friends!

It was seven years ago today that I started blogging, if you can believe it. So I figured I would finally make a wee comeback after my short unintended break from blogging that turned into a rather long, half-intended and half-procrastination-fuelled one. Honestly, I feel like beginning with the same phrases as in 2010: "I've been wanting to start a blog for years but somehow I never did it. I always thought I wouldn't have anything to say and that my life wouldn't be interesting enough. Now I've decided to give it a go.." Because, frankly, isn't that still very much the truth!

Here's some spoopy yet atmospheric photos that I thought best represented me and (maybe) my blog to start off. I've been thinking a lot about the direction I want this lil' blog of mine to take and am probably still just figuring it all out. So excited to be back, though! These are from a cemetery in Pori where the only mausoleum in Finland and the other Nordic countries resides. It was my favourite; the perfect combination of beauty, melancholy, morbid. (The mausoleum was built for an 11-year-old girl and was completed in 1903. It is so gorgeous and definitely worth a visit.) And the weather was perfectly foggy and spooky - unlike now as there's lots of snow and everything's pretty in a different way. Cemeteries are my favourite but perhaps I'll get into something resembling a more Christmassy mood soon (and maybe even blog about it, ya know!).
SHARE:

2 comments

ALLIE NYC said...

These photos are beautiful. And yes blogging really is a lot of work. It can be daunting but also rewarding.

Allie of ALLIENYC
www.allienyc.com

Laura Jones said...

Allie - thank you, dear! and yes, that's true. i'm definitely trying to make more of an effort this year, haha! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig