Sunday 22 March 2015

liebstering again

I was nominated for the Liebster Award again by a few lovely gals. I'm not really going to do this properly this time, but as I really like posts like this, I still wanted to answer some questions. If you want to take part, just answer the Qs yourself, too (by making a post or just leaving a comment), I'd love to hear your answers! :-)



QUESTIONS FROM MOLLY AND STACIE
1. What is your favorite book? Obviously I can't pick one, but here's the three I always mention as my favourites; Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, and Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling (because Harry Potters count as one book, right?). Go see my Goodreads if you want to see more books I like and read:-)

2. What made you start blogging? I'd been reading lots of blogs for years, and then one day finally decided that what I'd post about could be just as relevant as anyone else's, haha!

3. What is your favorite lipstick? Right now I'd say MAC's Film Noir.

4. What is your favorite thing to do on vacation? Reading, travelling and eating. I like simple things, hehe.

5. How do you like to spend your free time? Reading, travelling and eating? HAHA. Seriously though, those are probably the three things I like doing the most. I also like blogging, making things with my hands and watching/listening to things:-)

6. What are your blogging goals for this year? I don't really have any goals.. But I still wish I'd make the time to blog more regularly and engage more within the blogosphere because you're all so amazing. Really.

7. Who did you think was best dressed at the Oscars this year? Is this a good indicator of how late I am with answering these? :') I'm not really one to be into Oscars or the awards season in general.. I did check out all the winners the next day, but that's basically all. I've seen photos of Eddie Redmayne though, and he was looking smart at the Oscars (like he always does), so I'll say him.


8. Would you rather have a surprise party or casual dinner for your birthday? Casual dinner.


9. What’s the next vacation you have planned? I've nothing planned, how sad! I'd like to go to Paris next though, I've never been! Or maybe just travel somewhere in the UK, as there's so many places I want to visit here as well:-)


10. What’s your favorite thing to cook? Maybe Sunday Roast? I miss making Sunday roasts every week.


11. How many languages do you speak? Five altogether, but only 2 fluently.



 QUESTIONS FROM NIESZKA
1. What inspired you to start blogging? I think a lot of bloggers say they weren't aware of the community related to blogging, but when I started that was kind of what I wanted. I just wanted a place to talk about clothes and stuff with others that liked the same things as I didn't have people like that in my life. So other bloggers:-)

2. What would your dream house look like? I am so fickle when it comes to houses, haha! I think I'd like a Victorian house in a pretty colour with all its asymmetry and interesting little details. But I also like traditional little Nordic houses, and Hobbit holes and the Moomin house and what not. In short, I'd say I want a house that has character.

3. What are you most proud of about yourself? I think just about letting myself be myself? Makes me cringe a little writing things like 'being true to yourself', but, you know, that is important. I've never really cared what people think about me, I've always been independent, strong-willed and proud to a fault. And even though as I've grown older I've maybe become less vocal about my opinions and learned to compromise and to come across as a nicer person, I've never compromised myself.

4. Who is your fashion/style icon (Pick three): Uhh, style icons aren't really something I have either, but I'd say Audrey Hepburn (do I need to explain), Queen Elizabeth II (not only the queen of UK and Commonwealth realms, but also the queen of matching), and Marina Diamandis (just to add someone who's maybe a bit more contemporary and whose style I like).

5. If you could live in any city you wanted and money was no issue, where would you live? You know, I've never wanted to live in London before. But lately, after visiting so often and actually applying for jobs there, I think I'd like to try it for some time now!

  6.What would your dream job be? Haha, I still have no idea. But if anyone looking to hiring me/inviting me to interviews is reading this, I really do want to be a curator! Or be involved in any kind of museum or heritage work. Please, give me a job, I am good at things and I'm a nice person.

7. What is your favorite food or meal? I always say this even though it's been impossible for me to have it for years and years now: My grandma's meatballs, tatties and brown sauce. I do an alright job with this, but it'll never be as good as my grandma made it.

8. Name one place you visited and would recommend. Edinburgh. I love Edinburgh so much, and would love to live there again at some point. It's actually my favourite place, and I'd recommend everyone to visit at least once. I do appreciate it might not be for everyone, but go!

9. What are your top three places (anywhere in the world) you want to visit. Right now at the top of my list are Paris, Island, the Bahamas (+1? Madagascar).

10. What is your favorite book you recently read? Most of the things I've read recently are books for uni, but they've all been quite good! My favourite book I've read this year so far is possibly John le Carré's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. And I'm really looking forward to reading more le Carré now!

11. What are your dreams for the future? Short term: Finishing uni and getting a job I enjoy doing, maybe going on a holiday. Long term: Getting a job I enjoy doing and settling down to a nice wee place, starting a family and having a fairly satisfactory life. How boring, but I generally want simple things. I wouldn't mind either becoming a part of the Royal family or starting my own kingdom (queendom?), but I'm a realist.
SHARE:

13 comments

Katie Frank said...

so lovely to get to know you <3

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Nieszka said...

i love it! Nice getting to know you more. I love simple things too! Because at the end of it all, that's really what matters most. And yes to travelling and eating!! What I look most forward to when travelling is trying new food and new food places! Best of luck in uni and the job search! I know you will do well. And a job with a museum would be so cool! There should be summer jobs for students so you can always try that out and see how you like it and it may lead to a permanent job :) maybe a tour guide at a museum or translator since you know so many languages :)

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Laura, greetings and good wishes.

Fantastic you have been nominated for this wonderful award. Congratulations.

Answering so many questions with patience and confidence made you look like a famous movie star.

Excellent down to earth answers.

Wish you all the best.

Jenna Opsahl said...

I love your favorite books! The best ones for sure. I went on your Goodreads and got intimidated by how much you have read hahahah.

xx
scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

Zuzana said...

You have some really GREAT posts out here. Great job! xo

♥ www.thekawaiiplanet.com

Amy said...

What a lovely post, I loved reading all of your answers ♥
Amy xx

Perfect Imperfections

Laura Mitbrodt said...

Congrats on the award I hope you had a great weekend
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Miranda | Miranda's Notebook said...

Loved all your answers to these questions. Your book choices are great, and good luck with the museum job hunt and (hopefully!) a move to London. xxx

Lady parisienne said...

Nice photos and it's cool to discover a little more about you!!

Kelsey&Kenecha said...

I don'travel very much but I love going around and looking at places, I try to find little trails and stuff that is my fave :)

Florals&Smiles
Twitter

Laura Jones said...

Katie Frank - aw, thank you, doll! glad you liked the post:-) xx

Nieszka - that is so true, honey! and travelling and food go hand in hand, haha:-) i've been applying to so many places and actually have at least one interview this week, eek! and i have actually done some guiding before:-) xx

Joseph Pulikotil - thank you, hon! that is such a lovely thing to say, haha:-) and all the best to you, too! x

Jenna Opsahl - well i certainly think so, haha:-) and hahaha i don't even think i've read that much, really.. i might go and try find you on goodreads at some point as well, dear! xx

Suzy - thank you, gal! xx

Amy - thank you, love! glad you liked it:-) xx

Laura Mitbrodt - thank you! you too, sweets! xx

Miranda - thank you, thank you, chick! at the moment it doesn't look like london, but closer to it anyway, haha:-) xxx

Lady parisienne - thank you, chicken! good to know it wasn't unbelievably boring, haha! :-) xx

Kelsey & Kenecha - i don't actually travel that much either, but i wis i did! but little adventures nearby can be just as good, lovely! x

Molly said...

I like your answers and yes, Harry Potter definitely counts as one book! :) Adding you on Goodreads now!

Laura Jones said...

Molly - haha, i thought so! and yes, i'll go and check yours out as well, dear! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig