Wednesday 25 April 2012

my room


 I just thought I'd post a wee bit about my room. This was originally my parents' bedroom where I slept when a wee one. As I grew older, somehow it was them that got kicked out of the room and it became mine. I always meant to paint it and redecorate but it never happened. Now that we're moving away, these'll probably be the last pictures of the room. That I suppose is why I'm doing this, so that I'll remember my room. If I feel like it, I might post pictures from other rooms as well..



 My huge collection of Reader's Digests, and other stuff. Reader's Digest has been my favourite for so long. At one point, almost everything I said I had read from them, and mama would always ask me "How do you know that? Did you get it from Reader's Digest, again?" A bit pathetic, but they're still good!


  







 That's my Yellow Submarine drawer which I painted when I was 12 (ish). I'm not the most patient person in the world, and was even less back then. Therefore the quality of the painting isn't that good, as I got bored and just wanted to finish it quickly.. I think I'll redo it soon:-)






(New 2nd hand shoes!)



 I've also diy'd the nightstand. Before it was a desk, but with a little sawing and painting, it turned out an alright nightstand. I used to like woodwork a lot, but that's changed more to sewing nowadays!

 


SHARE:

4 comments

A "cheery" disposition said...

love your "all you need is love" on your dresser!

Unknown said...

We have so many of the same tings :) I really like your room, hope you're okay about the moving thing?

And that Lumos thing is brilliant, I've always wanted to do it! I think today might just be the day to do it :)

You left me a comment and said you'd follow me so I checked out your blog and followed you :)

x

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Love the "lumos" over your light switch, that makes me happy.

Laura Jones said...

A "cheery" disposition - thank you, dear! x

Nanna Emma - aw that's cool:) yes, i've had a lot of time to get used to it, so it's starting to be ok! and it is brilliant, hope yours turns out good as well, lovely! x

Krysten - thank you, honey! it makes me happy, too! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig