Thursday 26 January 2012

fifteen men on the dead man's chest, yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!


Stumbled  across this lovely site and as I really liked it I thought I'd share it with you. If you haven't seen these diagrams yet, I'd advise you to take a look. They can really brighten up one's day!

The one with "pirates -or- curious kids with library cards" is probably my favourite. I've been a curious kid in the library, and I'd say I was a happy child. So this leads me into thinking that if I made a career as a pirate I'd really be happy. In "Sense and Sensibility" Margaret says something like "piracy is our only option" and I've always thought it was well said. This only confirms it.

Not that money makes you happy, just gives you more the opportunity (to be happy?). If piracy can be compared to reading, I'm pretty sure it can make one as happy as reading. Of course, I have a slightly romanticized idea of piracy, nothing like it's nowadays. But wouldn't it be grand to sail the seas, explore, see the world, get loads of gold coins, maybe drink rum? So, "Perhaps Margaret is right. Piracy is our only option."

SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig