Thursday 3 February 2011

one two three






day 18. a photo of one of your classes.

This isn't what all my classes are like, but I can say I really enjoyed these lessons at school! We have the school ball/prom in our 2nd year of high school (there's three years of high school in Finland). This was almost a year ago, 19th of February. Such a lovely day:)

We had dancing lessons for a few months and I really liked them. Some dances we danced were different waltzes, troika, jive, cicapo, pavane and so on. There's also dances we planned ourselves and a section where we sang. Throughout the day we performed the dances for other students, parents etc. We also had tea in a restaurant and in the evening there was a after party.

The original idea has been to wear something that's actually old, as the ball's called "Vanhojenpaiva" (=The oldests' day). My mum, for an example, used her mothers old dress on her ball day.  Nowadays most people just wear an evening dress or something like that. I designed my dress, I had a Victorian dress as a model. I thought of sewing it myself but I really wanted it to look like I had planned so I took my drawings to a professional sewer. I'm so happy with how it turned out to be.
SHARE:

No comments

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig