Monday 8 January 2018

project 365: week one

 I didn't do it last year (and noticed a clear decline in the number of pictures I took and honestly kind of missed it) so this year I've decided to do Project 365 again. Here's the first week and the beginning of my - at least - photo-a-day in 2018:



001: Like I've mentioned, I was actually in bed with a migraine on New Year's Eve and most of New Year's Day. So this is actually from later on, in the evening, when I was feeling better and remembered I had sparklers. That's how wild my start to the year was and has been so far, haha!


002: Here's a portion of my recent second hand finds. Haven't been listening to Oliver! yet and haven't worn this sweater yet, buut am looking forward to both of them! I have more second hand things that I might blog about if anyone's interested?


003: Drawing patterns.


004: I'm trying to get some sewing done before going back home and having to part with my sewing machine (which I have at my mum's). These are all new second hand fabrics that I got as well!


005: I've actually been outside this year as well, haha. But it's either been snowing lots, or been -25°C...

006: ...or I've been feeling poorly and not gotten out of bed and forgotten to take photos. So, I've already missed a day, which is a great start! Not that it really matters, but I'm still a bit annoyed with myself.


007: This is very much what this week has been like: staying mostly inside, watching films and TV, reading a bit and trying to get some sewing and other projects started. And although I have preferred to look outside through the window, I've actually been outside shovelling snow as I'm house sitting for my mum. There's one day I didn't do this on a very snowy day and today the landlord came to check in and see if anyone's home since he'd seen there was 4 inches of snow on the stairs (ha). (My mum's landlord and his wife live next door and they're the nicest people! I'm always chatting to them in the summers when we're both pottering about in the garden, haha.)

That's basically all I've done, it's been very chilled (literally and figuratively). What have you been up to so far this year?
SHARE:

6 comments

Hena Tayeb said...

great images.

Laura Mitbrodt said...

I love all of those fabrics, that sweater is so cute
xo
www.laurajaneatelier.com

Miguel Gouveia said...

Thanks a lot :D

this is super interesting my friend :D I'm addicted to this kind of posts :D

NEW OUTFIT POST | DARK DAYS ARE ALSO REQUIRED
InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh this sounds like a fun project but yes a challenge to keep up. And the weather here is the same! And I find that light boxes that is used for winter to simulate sunshine helps with migraines. I started using one and get less migraines. it is b/c they say migraines are linked to low serotonin.

Allie of ALLIENYC
www.allienyc.com

Corinne said...

So glad you're doing this again! I love the sparkler picture :)

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

Laura Jones said...

Hena Tayeb - thanks, lovely! xx

Laura - i do, too, dear! can't wait to show what the fabrics have turned into so far! xx

Miguel Gouveia - thanks, hon! good to hear other people like them, too! xx

Allie - it's definitely that! and thanks for the tip, girl! i don't think that'd help for the type of migraines i have but i'll have to do some research into it before i decide anyway. i'm basically willing to try anything, haha! xx

Corinne - thank you, chicken! happy to hear people like seeing these! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig