Friday 25 March 2016

what does it mean to you?





 Dress - Vintage/DIY
Cardi - Mum's old
Shoes - Mum's









Here's an outfit I wore to a little birthday party/lunch earlier this month. The lighting's a bit different in almost every photo because I took these at different times of the day.. But never mind that! I don't think I would have thought of pairing the dress with this cardigan in normal circumstances, but I had red nails and no time to redo them which resulted into this red and blue ensemble. I still don't own nice winter shoes of my own (and what's the point in buying some now that it's supposed to be spring?) and have to make do with whatever we have in the house. I actually found these 2nd hand boots but since they're a bit too big for myself, I let my mum have them. With an extra pair of socks they were quite nice, though!

On another note, this outfit isn't even red, white and blue but the amount of snow still makes up for the lack of white in the outfit. Because wherever I see red, white and blue it always makes me think of There'll Always Be an England. I never remember more than the lyrics 'red, white and blue/ what does it mean to you?' and it drives me mad not being able to mind the rest. But it also reminds me of my dad singing this. And most memorably singing this when he gave me his red, white and blue tie and taught me to tie it properly.

Anyway, hope you're all having a very good Good Friday!
SHARE:

8 comments

Joanna Joy said...

Oh my! This outfit is super cute. I love these two colors paired together. You look spectacular in it and the boots with black leggings are such a perfect match. It's so neat that your dad gave you a tie and showed you how to tie it properly. Hope you have a great weekend!

astylishlovestory.blogspot.com

Laila said...

You look stunning Laura! I'm interested in the DIY aspect of the dress - also how are you not freezng with the snow!! I'm such a wimp with the cold hahaha. So excited for Helsinki. What's your fb - we have a group convo on there? xx

Sara said...

Such fun, bright colors against the white snow! You look so cute :)

Amy said...

This is such a cute outfit! I love the way the red and blue go together, and the way they pop against the snow ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

The Equinox Fashion by Paweerata said...

i love your mom's cardigan! The lighting was a bit blue, but you still look pretty as always! Lovely girl as always :)

Laura Jones said...

Joanna Joy - thank you so much, lovely! you, too! xx

Laila - thank you, dear! it used to have a longer and fuller skirt that i diy'd to look like this years ago (and regret a bit now, haha). and i do actually wear coats outside, haha, though it's not been below zero on most days anymore! me too, i left my fb in a comment on your blog:-) xxx

Sara-h Jane - thank you, pet! xx

Amy - thank you, amy hun! xx

Gail J - it is quite nice, i think:-) and yes, haha, it's called the blue hour! thank you, honey! xx

Unknown said...

The red and the blue actually look so cute and bright and pretty together! Love this unexpected combo, also it's making me want to get a red cardigan haha.

Raashi
raashiagarwal.blogspot.com.au

Laura Jones said...

Raashi - thank you, lovely! i thought the colours were unexpectedly really nice together as well:-) and you should totally get a red cardi, haha! xx

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig