Tuesday 16 December 2014

i (still try to) make things



 Crop top - Self-made
Trousers - 2nd hand/KappAhl
Shoes - Citymarket





Ahh, it has been forever since I last sewed something. I miss my sewing machine when I'm away from it, ha. This top is actually one of the only things I've made this year. This whole year. I had leftover fabric from this dress and as soon as I'd finished the dress, I knew I wanted to make a crop top too. It took me long enough to start and finalize this idea, but once I actually started sewing this was rather a quick project. The back isn't quite as nice as I wanted it to be, but if I have to I can adjust the toggle buttons later if I need to. Two of them are quite tight and one of them a little too loose. I hadn't realized I didn't have much seam allowance which resulted into a tiny bit smaller top than it could have been. I do like the idea I had for the crop top with the toggle buttons and everything, but I must admit that it looks better from the front. Though, the back also looks better in person. I promise.
SHARE:

16 comments

noone said...

floral and plaid really go well together, I love the print mixing in this outfit!

Hena Tayeb said...

I love the prints you have mixed together in this outfit.. i think the top looks great.. nicely done.

Amanda said...

I love your crop top. I'd wear/buy it for sure! You are a talented lady! x

Amy said...

Wow, your top looks amazing! I can't believe you made it. :)
Amy xx

Perfect Imperfections

Unknown said...

The top is very sweet and I love the "edgier" back! Well done, I'd definitely grab this if I saw it in the store :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I LOVE the print mixing! Florals and tartan is one of the best combos ever!

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I LOVE that top, the back is fantastic!

Sara said...

This is so cute! I have a sewing machine that I don't know how to use. It will be a goal next year, to learn how to use it and make cute clothes like this!

Nothing but a Pigeon said...

Ooooooo! What a great crop top... I can't believe you did this all by yourself! You're very talented and I just love that you paired it with a contrasting pattern on bottom!
xoxo
Taylor

Corinne said...

I wish I could make things, I'm just not very crafty at all! I love this top and the back fastening is adorable :)

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

The Equinox Fashion by Paweerata said...

I think you're doing a very good job! I can't even sewing trust me lol You look lovely as always :)

Laura Jones said...

Pop Champagne - thank you, lovely! i'm really liking the combination too:-) x

Hena Tayeb - ah, thank you very much, lady! x

Amanda - thank you, dear! that's so lovely to hear! xx

Amy - thank you, hun! it really isn't that difficult a job, haha:-) xx

Kie I. - thank you so much, pet! so nice to hear that other people like it as well:-) x

Ina R. - thank you, dove! isn't it, though! x

Krysten Quiles - thank you, sweetie! xx

Sara Gerard - thank you, chick! i do recommend learning to use it, i love sewing so much haha:-) and i find it a good skill to know how to sew whatever you want! x

Taylor Hart - why, thank you, gal! you're too sweet:-) xx

Corinne - i'm sure you could learn to do whatever, if you really wanted to! and thank you, doll! xx

Gail J - thank you, darling! haha, i know you could sew if you put your mind to it! xx

Marlen - haha, they are a great pair of trousers:-) thank you so much, petal! i'm actually such a novice and this isn't that much harder than hemming or altering something a little! :-) xx

Marisa Noelle said...

Oh that top! I'm head over heels for this outfit Laura. You look like a modern day, cooler, edgier Audrey Hepburn :-) I'm totally impressed with your sewing skills too, hehe.

Laura Jones said...

Marisa Noelle - oh my, that is pretty much the best compliment anyone could get! thank you so much, marisa dear! xx

ensembledeux said...

Cute outfit and love the pattern mixing!! :)
www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

Laura Jones said...

ensembledeux - thank you, lovely! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig