Friday 22 February 2013

sing a song of sixpence


1. Janelle Monáe - Cold War. Amazing.


2. Estelle ft. Janelle Monáe - Do my thing. Tommy Hilfiger advert anyone? (I wish my life was like that; cruising on a wee boat, and what not..)


3. Walk off the Earth - I knew you were trouble. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but love this cover!


4. Regina Spektor - How. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Regina, and this is my favourite at the moment.


5. YELLE - Comme un Enfant. I also have periods when I listen to French music, and that's been happening these past few weeks:-)

 

6. Frightened Rabbit - Swim Until You Can't See Land. They were playing in Leeds on Wednesday, and I so wish I had had the funds to go! 

It's funny, how a couple of years ago I didn't like any female artists. Look at me now! And also, how much more diverse my taste in music is starting to be, I mean it's evolving all the time. Which is a good thing. What have you been listening to lately?

(P.S. Sometimes I really don't have a clue how I think of the titles for my posts, my mind wanders such weird paths. "There's songs in this post. There's six of them. I know what'll be the title: Sing a song of sixpence! So logical.")
SHARE:

5 comments

Nieszka said...

<3 walk off the earth! and even that taylor swift song! not usually a fan of her songs, but there's something about this one.

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh how I love Estelle and Regina Spektor!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Thank you for introducing me to these amazing songs :)

Deidre said...

Great picks! I've been listening to the music of my adolescence at the moment. Matchbox 20 and Paul Simon.

Laura Jones said...

Nieszka - they're amazing, eh! and i feel exactly the same way about taylor swift as you do, honey:-) x

Krysten - great taste in music right there, lady! x

Optimistic Existentialist - you're welcome, hen! x

Deidre - thanks, dear! and sounds good, it's always good to listen to songs you used to love! x

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig