Monday 30 January 2012

requiescat in pace



'Fear no more the heat o' the sun,
Nor the furious winter's rages;
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta'en thy wages.'
-Shakespeare

I've had Cleopatra since I was 2. At 5.24a.m. she started having seizures and later we took her to the vet to be put down. Cleo was the sweetest, cutest and kindest cat I ever knew. When, as a child, I pulled her tail she was always patient and never tried to bite or scratch me - or anyone else, for that matter - on purpose. When my dad was ill with cancer, she'd sleep next to his sore leg and make him feel better. Or if anyone else was sick, Cleo would be there and just her presence made everything a little better. In primary, as I walked home from school I could be sure that Cleo was there waiting me by the main road, she even seemed to know what time my school finished! She was fussy with food (like I am), but she ate lots of cream, chocolate and crisps. Not the best food for a cat, I know, but she got what she wanted most of the time. Cleopatra was a happy cat and she lived a good, long life. All the same, I can't help feeling that this is the saddest day of my life and I'll miss her immensely♥.





SHARE:

5 comments

his_girl_friday said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I know when my dog dies, I'm going to be absolutely crushed.

Satin and Souffles said...

I have tears in my eyes :'( Its so hard losing a pet but it gets better I promise <3 Hope you're okay x

{Satin&Souffles}

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I am so sorry for your loss hon =-( Losing a pet is never ever easy.

erica marie said...

I'm so sorry for you loss. Losing pets is one of the hardest things for me.

xo erica

Laura Jones said...

thank you dears! your comments really mean a lot<3 losing someone (human or animal) is always really hard but i know it'll get easier xo

© summer violets. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig